RULES AND REGULATIONS 2016
Champion (Yellow Bib)
The Yellow Champion bib is the main prize given to the male and female athlete finishing with the most points during each season.
Sprint (Green Bib)
There will be 1-3 sprints in each race. Five fastest spilt times over the sprints will get points. The overall winner is the male athlete with most sprint points during the season.
This classification is determined by adding the Visma Ski Classics Champion points from the teams best two male athletes, the best female athlete in each event, and the total sprint points taken by the team in each event. The total team points after the season will decide the Team competition.
Youth (Pink bib)
The pink youth bib is given to the best male and female athlete of age 26 or below. The age of the athlete is determined by the year the Visma Ski Classics final take place. Points in the Visma Ski Classics Champion are used.
Pro Team Tempo
Total Przie money EUR 389.000
Prize Money over all season standings: EUR 200.000
Prize Money / event: EUR 21.000
- 20% of Total Prize Money
- 20% of Total Prize Money
- 20% of Total Prize Money
- 6% of Total Prize Money
Youth Men winner
- 1% of Total Prize Money
Youth Women winner
- 1% of Total Prize Money
1. Visma Ski Classics Rules and Regulations are in addition to the FIS rules (ICR). Athletes must act in accordance to FIS (ICR) and Visma Ski Classics rules and regulations.
a. Visma Ski Classics appointed Race Director is responsible for and has the right to amend the Visma Ski Classics rules and regulations.
b. Visma Ski Classics Race Director has the right to act upon violations of the rules.
2. Athletes must be registered as a member of an official Visma Ski Classics team and have a valid FIS-license in order to compete for Visma Ski Classics points and prize money.
3. By registering a team at www.vismaskiclassics.com the team accepts Visma Ski Classics Rules and Regulations. Athletes registered in Visma Ski Classics are to receive guaranteed start places in each race if the following criteria are fulfilled:
a. The athletes are registered in a Pro Team.
b. The athlete has an individual ranking that would ensure a place in the elite group.
c. The athlete has a valid FIS license.
d. The athlete is registered before November 1st 2015.
4. Teams must be registered no later than the 1st of November 2015 on www.vismaskiclassics.com. Athletes must be registered in a team day before the race in order to receive Visma Ski Classics points and prize money. Athletes need to be registered for the event according to event entry rules. Teams registered after November 1st will not be guaranteed a place. Number of Visma Ski Classics Pro Teams is limited to 25. Teams registered previous season in Visma Ski Classics are guaranteed place if registered before 1st of October 2015.
a. Registration of athletes to Visma Ski Classics events is done when registering a ProTeam at vismaskiclassics.com
b. 2015/2016 the registration fee is Euro 100 per athlete and event.
c. Registrations after 1st of November 2015 are made directly to the event, no start place is guaranteed and late registration fees may be different then in point A above.
d. Visma Ski Classics will invoice the total registration fee.
5. Teams must consist of minimum four and maximum ten athletes, men and women included.
6. Team License fee 2015/2016 is € 1500 + VAT must be paid upon invoice. Late entry license fee for teams registered after 1st of November 2015 and approved by Visma Ski Classics is € 3000 + VAT. Team License fee must be paid before team may collect points in a Visma Ski Classics race. For the License fee each team receives:
a. 10 tickets to the Visma Ski Classics Final Banquet
b. 10 Ski Classics Official Pro Team vests (works as accreditation permits for team staff)
c. Logo in Visma Ski Classics TV-graphics
d. Information at the Visma Ski Classics Pro Team page on www.vismaskiclassics.com
e. Right to brand the team as a “Visma Ski Classics Official Pro Team”
7. All Visma Ski Classics athletes and teams shall participate in the Visma Ski Classics Final Prize ceremony in order to receive prize money. If an athlete cannot participate in the Visma Ski Classics Final due to illness and/or reasons beyond the athletes control then the athlete must submit documentation stating clearly the reasons for not attending. The document must be certified by a medical doctor and submitted to the jury in order for her/his points to be valid for the overall results.
8. Visma Ski Classics Champion and Sprint points are awarded according to the points table, appendix 3.
a. Sprint points are not calculated in the champion competition.
9. Team points are gathered from the team’s top two men and top single woman in each event in Visma Ski Classics Champion competitions, and the total Visma Ski Classics Sprint points received in each event.
10. Visma Ski Classics Race Director may retain collected Visma Ski Classics individual and/or Team points if a skier is violating rules in an event. (For example if an athlete is violating the classic technique rules.)
11. All Visma Ski Classics athletes shall be available for the media:
a. Short comments for media on event day, prior to start
b. Team members and team captain shall be present at press conference if they are invited.
c. Available for questions from media immediately after finish and after the flower ceremony.
d. Top 3 finishing men and women + bib holders must be present in ProTeam Zone until Flower ceremony is completed.
12. Athletes are not allowed to change teams during the season, and teams are not allowed to unregister athletes during the season. The season is defined as December 1st 2015 until May 1st 2016.
13. The teams should have a written agreement with the athletes in the teams in order to ensure that they accept the rules of Visma Ski Classics, including the Anti-Doping agreement in Appendix 8.
14. Each team participating in a Visma Ski Classics race shall have a representative at the race´s Team Captains meeting the day prior to the race. The meeting is held at 17:30 local time unless otherwise stated from the race organizer.
15. Visma Ski Classics athletes shall use the provided Visma Ski Classics GPS device if they are selected. Top 20 men and top 5 women in the SC Ranking List are mandatory to wear GPS devices; extra GPS devices will be handed out in addition as informed on the Team Captains meeting. Athletes selected to use GPS devices is responsible for picking up their devices before entering the elite start area.
16. Skiers and teams have the possibility to collect points from all Visma Ski Classics events.
17. Skier must finish the race within 20% of winning time in respectively gender in order to receive points in the Champion or Youth competition. In order to receive Sprint points the skier must finish the race.
18. In the event of a dead-heat between two competitors the points for the places will be added together and divided by two (e.g. in a dead-heat for 1st and 2nd places, both athletes will receive (200+170)/2 = 185 points).
19. If two or more competitors score the same number of points after the final event, the winner is the competitor who has:
a. The highest number of individual Visma Ski Classics wins during the season
b. The best results (i.e. most 2nd places, most 3rd places, etc.)
If the competitors are still equal, two (or more) Champions will be awarded. The prize money for the places will be added together and divided (e.g. in a dead-heat for 1st and 2nd places, both athletes will receive the prize money of the 1st and 2nd place divided in 2.
20. Visma Ski Classics official pro teams shall have a Visma Ski Classics pro team logo on their homepage, hyperlinked back to www.vismaskiclassics.com. Visma Ski Classics official pro teams shall use Visma Ski Classics common top menu on their homepage, if provided by Visma Ski Classics.
21. Visma Ski Classics and Events in Visma Ski Classics may use photos and videos of registered teams and athletes in order to market Visma Ski Classics.
22. Top 10 men and top 10 women in the SC ranking list are considered as the Visma Ski Classics VIP. Event organizations are obliged to pay as per below if event is cancelled later than 7 days prior to the race day. In order to receive the below VIP remuneration the athlete must attend the press conference, prize/flower ceremony if called.
VIP group athlete will receive:
a. Full board for 3 days
b. Hotel for 2 nights
c. Or €65 per day instead of a. and b. above (Maximum €195 per athlete)
ProTeam Tempo Rules
23. Each Pro Team calculate (third best male time x3) + single best women time into a total time for each team in the prologue. Total time ranking give team points according to ProTeam Tempo points table in appendix 3. Minimum 3 skiers per team on the team tempo start line
24. For each women or men a team is missing, the team gets winning time + 20% in each gender competition added to the total time. If no man or women is starting in the prologue the team will get 0 team points from the prologue.
25. All pro team athletes starting and finishing within 20% of the winning time in the prologue and finishing will get 50 individual bonus points in the Visma Ski Classics Champion competition.